HURRAH! It is here! The 85th Academy Awards!
(By the way – there should be a live stream of the red carpet and the big show over on Hollywood Life. Heads up – there is an autoplay video on the site, so adjust volume before clicking over.)
Confessions of an Award Show Enthusiast
• I woke up W early from his nap so that he would be (hopefully) more eager to go to bed at a reasonable hour
(I also woke him early because I wanted to surprise him with a quick visit from one of his good friends.)
• I have not seen every nominee in every category but I have extensively scoured You Tube for clips.
• I put “OSCARS” in the family calendar and have alerts set to make sure I don’t miss a moment of the red carpet
• I “hired” my Mom to put W to bed tonight.
(am paying her with yummy supper)
• I have popcorn ready. Like now.
• I will be making a supper that was one of my favorite things to make when I lived in LA
(toasted Tuscan Pane bread from Trader Joe’s with melted brie and apples)
• Also about to make: COFFEE
• Also (part 2) (that sadly has nothing to do with the show)
Jury duty tomorrow. I have it.