It’s Friday and that means it times to share the week’s survey results. I am thinking of doing two surveys next monday so that more of you can participate. We shall see!
This week I allowed more than one selection to be made for each question so results will not add up to 100%
How do you get your news?
70% of us get our news on-line
38% get their news on twitter or facebook (which could be either be a link to on-line news outlets or it could be a friend telling you something just happened or is about to happen – I learned that President Obama was going to speak to the nation late in the evening via twitter)
34% tune in to Brian Williams (or, ahem) some other televised news source
26% get their news from the radio
9% get news from a print source
The most amusing write-in answer was, “my husband tells me”.
Do you carry a purse or bag?
83% of you said yes
9% of you do not
The write-in answers were VERY interesting. Seems that many of us are having a bit of a bag crisis. A huge theme with the write-ins was that you have to carry stuff around (wallet, laptop, maybe stuff for kids) but you do NOT want to cram it into a purse, or even a messenger bag.
There needs to be an in-between sort of entity. I know that I personally suffer from no style when it comes to my bag. I now carry a back-pack because it is the only thing that safely carries stuff for W as well my laptop and camera. It is not pretty but it works. If I am running errands without W I get weirdly giddy about just leaving the house with my plaid (obviously) wallet and nothing else.
40% of us are coffee people (I’m having a cup right now!)
18% like a cuppa tea
12% voted for cocoa
The write-ins were a fun bunch. There were the very good girls who said they prefer water. And, what do you know, a LARGE chunk of the write-ins are soda people. (special points given to the person that wrote “where is the booze button?”)
91% of us have pierced ears!
4% are not pierced
The write-ins actually answered a follow-up question I had – of those of us that have pierced ears how many of us actually wear earrings or have had the pierce close up? I’m also curious who said they were allergic to metals! I am allergic to gold and many other metals (you know the kind that eventually turn green on your skin when mixed with sweat? They go on to do really, really bad things to me. It’s gross.) So high-five to that person – I get it!
Are you Tattooed?
38% of us are inked
53% are not
10% said NOT YET!!! (oh! So what are you going to get?!)
Age of first kiss?
40% of us were kissed between the ages of 14-16
35% were 13 or under (iiiiiiinteresting. Do tell!)
19% were between the ages of 17-18
7% were 19+
What is your eye color?
We are pretty even here, which is kind of wonderful because I love variety in eye color!
31% of you have brown eyes
28% have blue eyes
26% have hazel eyes
13% have green
2% have grey eyes (My Mother will be pleased to know she is not alone!)
The write-ins have magic eyes that change colors! (there were five of you!)
What is your shoe size? (I forced you to round up for 1/2 sizes)
The most common shoe size was size 9 – 31% of you wear that size
Then it was a 3-way tie for second place between size 7, 10, and 11 – each getting 15%
13% of you wear size 8
7% wear size 6 or under, and *cough* only 2% of us wear size 12
What is your favorite tv show of all time?
26% of you say that you do not have a favorite or do not watch tv (hmph!)
Here is the list from the rest of you (with an * next to shows mentioned more than once). I think this proves that it would be really hard to live on a commune with many of you because our DVR just could NOT handle this!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer ****
Gilmore Girls ****
House Hunters International
Star Trek TNG
Golden Girls *
Six Feet Under ***
Hitchiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
Anything with Jennifer Beals
Dancing with the Stars
Brothers and Sisters
The Office (British version)
Grey’s Anatomy ***
I Love Lucy
Big Bang Theory
WKRP in Cincinnati
Battlestar Galactica *
My So-Called Life
The Brady Bunch *
Friday Night Lights **
The Office *
MTV Road Rules
How I Met Your Mother
Mad About You
The West Wing *
Criminal Minds *
Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
Facts of Life
So You Think You Can Dance
Dead Like Me
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Song you want to put on every mixed tape:
35% of you do not believe in mixed tapes (I weep for you…hold on, let me make you a mixed tape about how I really feel about this…heh)
This was really just another way of me asking what your favorite song is…but not.
And some of you chose to remind me that, “A mix tape is a custom experience, there is no one song that fits it all.” or that I should have said “CD” – I KNOW…..I was being Nick Hornby-ish
Here is the song list from the rest of you:
- Into the Mystic- I like the Wallflowers version better than Van Morrison though
- “Bass Down Low” by The Cataracts and Dev
- Landslide by Fleetwood Mac
- No Children by The Mountain Goats
- Ain’t Nobody by Chaka Khan
- Crazy by Gnarls Barkley
- Free Fallin’ – Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers
- little plastic castle by ani
- Baby Got Back
- 99Luft (red) Ballons by Nena
- Joking by Indigo Girls
- “April Come She Will” by Simon & Garfunkel
- i wanna dance by whitney
- Hands Up
- rock steady — Aretha Franklin
- Queen’s Somebody to Love
- pop music of the 80s – I’m not very original in my likes of music.
- anything by Dar Williams
- Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now by Jefferson Starship
- Jesse’s Girl
- “Just Like Heaven” The Cure
- There has to be some hard core rap–my little secret.
- No Myth by Michael Penn
- American Pie
- Moving Right Along (every mixed tape is used for road trips, right?)
- Anything by Aerosmith
- Any Sarah McLachlan and Adele
- WhipSmart – Liz Phair
- Sarah McLachlan’s ‘Fumbling Toward Ecstasy.’
- Phil Collins – Don’t Let Him Steal Your Heart Away
- American Music by the Violent Femmes
- Great Escape-Blind Melon
- Don’t go breakin’ my heart – Elton John and some chick
- Doin’ It by LL Cool J
- Ballad of Carol Lynn by Ryan Adams
- Any Natalie Merchant
- Midnight Train to Georgia
- O.A.R. – Crazy Game of Poker
- Anything by the Beatles.
- Listen To The Music, Doobie Brothers
- From little things big things grow – Paul Kelly
- Sister Christian
- something by abba
- “Joyful Sound” by String Cheese Incident
- Fly me to the Moon by Frank Sinatra
- Anna Begins, by Counting Crows
- Movin right along by the muppets (*By the way — TOTALLY not my answer!)
- Two of the Lucky Ones
- Camel Walk by SCOTS
- “Sometime around midnight” by the Airborne Toxic Event
- This Too Shall Pass – OK Go
- something Ani
- What I’m feeling at the moment
- Bend Folds Cooler Than You
- Closing Time
- Ferocious Love by Aloha
The amazing thing about that list? Not one person suggested the same song. Same artist, yes. But not same song. There is a lot of stuff that is new to me in the list so I am excited to check it out.
Did you miss this week’s survey? Tell us your answers in the comments!