Your Peppermint Obligation

Now that it is after Thanksgiving I feel a tiny bit comfortable about starting to get excited about December. I won’t go crazy until the 1st. You won’t see any decorations and you won’t catch me humming any carols until then. But it’s totally already peppermint season.

For those of you that are not aware (and I honestly can not imagine that any of you don’t know) peppermint is my favorite. Well plaid is OBVIOUSLY my favorite, but if I had to say a 2nd favorite I would simply say peppermint. I love the candy, I love the design, I love the smell, I love the feeling that it stirs up inside of me.

Oh yes, my love is that wonderful.

Last year I was overwhelmed by the number of places offering peppermint mochas. It seemed like everyone had FINALLY discovered that peppermint + mocha = best drink EVER. This was very pleasing to me. As a gift to the world I took it upon myself to do an ultimate peppermint mocha taste test.

{you are welcome}

The clear at home winner for me was Coffee-mate’s peppermint mocha creamer.

I find that this creamer is not too sweet and has just the right amount of minty yumness.

That being said I know that many of you have not been bold enough to try a creamer beyond vanilla. That’s ok. I get it. (not really) But what if I took the hassle of going out and buying this creamer off your plate? Would you try it then? Of COURSE you would!

The folks at Coffee-mate are lovely people. They recognize that I have a mission to peppermint the world.

They are going to send one of my readers a bottle of peppermint mocha creamer. Yup!

Here is how we will decide which one of you gets it:

Leave a comment on this post and tell me your favorite thing about December.

I’ll pick a comment using a random number picker and then Coffee-mate will send the creamer directly to you.

Important details:
• Must be at least 18 years and a US resident
• one comment per person
• comments will close at 7pm EST on 12/10/12
• winner will have 72 hours to respond to my email

Disclosure: Coffee-mate sent me a bottle of peppermint mocha creamer. I was not compensated for this post. All peppermint thoughts belong to me.

Comments

1. shannon says

I love Christmas cookie baking. Something about the smell of butter cookies baking takes me back to my childhood – and I love watching my kids artfully decorate their cookies.

I bought a bottle of this yesterday at Target and thought of you. Then I thought of you again when I poured it into my coffee today! We share this love of peppermint, my friend. This has been my favorite creamer flavor for years. Soooo delicious! I wish they made a natural version, though. Like their Natural Bliss.

3. Kelly says

I’m looking forward to our family walks to look at Christmas lights. We bundle up and hike around different neighborhoods looking at lights.

4. Rachel says

I love how much nicer people are in December. It’s like they just realized that Santa was watching so they’re trying to cram a year’s worth of good deeds and kindnesses into 25 days. I love it :-)

5. Stella says

My favorite thing about December is the beauty of fresh snow. I don’t enjoy having to go to work and drive in it, but it does look beautiful :)

I couldn’t just pick one favourite thing about December. I love that people seem to be more thoughtful of those around them and of those in need. I love Christmas lights. I love Christmas carols. I love baking treats to take to friends & family. I love my birthday, and I love the best birthday present I ever got: my sister, who is 8 years and 3 days younger than I. I love the second best birthday present I ever got: my sister and a best friend paid for me to legally change my name to Faith. I love buying toys to give to children I don’t know, in honour of the children i don’t have. I love getting photos of my nieces and nephews and grandnieces and grandnephews in the mail. I love seeing my best friend’s daughter as she comes home from college for a few weeks. And on it goes. And yes, I do love peppermint mocha creamer!

7. Lara (Dipaola Momma) says

I love how everything seems to glow. From the house, strewn with lights, to the crest of the new fallen snow. Oh, and dressing in layers… Thus masking my lot of spare tires, BONUS!