OMG FET!

OMGFET.png

I have three words for you: We Did It!

Through much hard work, love, dedication, determination, paypaling, and support guess who has reached her FET savings goal? Me! I don’t think I can even articulate this feeling that is gallivanting through my body right now. Imagine 3 cans of red bull without the headache. Imagine the exhilaration of a continuous volt of electricity without the pain. My spirit is doing cartwheels and triple salchows.

I just got off the phone with the North East clinic and I could do my FET whenever I want. As in if I bleed tomorrow I could be cycling the next day. Insane.

Too much insane, actually. But I have a date. Well, really it is a month. July will be the independence month for my embryos. July. 2008. As in just a bit over a month from now. Insane. Insane. Insane.

Here is what the clinic’s plan is: CD2 ultrasound and bloodwork at local clinic. If all systems go then I begin estrace. CD15 gets another ultrasound and bloodwork. If things are still going well then I begin PIO and Pvagrockets. (& maybe medrol? um…I was doing the cartwheels and might have missed something) I don’t have to be up at North East Clinic until CD20 (or later if I want to take the embryos to blast. Do I want to do that?) Three days after transfer I get bloodworked & ultrasounded and then I can go home.

Forgive me, but: HOLYSHITOHMYFUCKINGGAWDCANYOUBELIEVETHATTHISISGOINGTOHAPPEN???

I wish I could single out & thank each and every one of you that helped me get this far. Our community is unstoppable and all-embracing. I have met so many groovy and wonderful women in these last few months. Women that went above and beyond to help me out. I will probably never know how much work some of you guys did behind the scenes. I love you all.

What I do know is that this kind of support is something that needs to continue on to others. I can’t wait to find out who the next UTERUS recipient is for the Summer season.

Thank you. Thank you infinity. You are now getting front row seats to the great summer thaw of 2008.

Comments

1. Whooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!! Great joy and happiness!!!!!

2. I am sooooooo very excited about this, Cali! You deserve this, and I’m just incredibly happy for you.

3. Woo hoo!!! I am so excited for you Cali and so glad to see you reach that goal.

4. Holy smackaroonies! I am so happy for you! FET! Whoooooooo!!!

5. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fan-fucking-tastic, lady!

6. HOORAY!!!!!!!

7. Sheer awesomeness!

8. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

There are not enough Yays.

Even as a newcomer to the “scene,” I could see just how much you’ve done for other people, and I couldn’t be happier that the people banded together so you can have this opportunity.

9. Gave a loud hip-hip-hooray in your honor! SO HAPPY FOR YOU! Looking forward to the summer thaw :0)

10. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!!

11. absolutely thrilled for you!!

12. Hooray x infinity!!! No knowledge about taking frozen embies to blast, but I’m very happy I took my freshies to blast (since out of the whole crop only 2 were really good blasts with central cell masses) so…might be worth it?

Regardless, hooray for you!!! I can’t wait to follow you along!

13. Whoo hoo!! Hurray! So excited for you!

14. This is so great! I’m so happy for you!

15. Fanfrickintastic! So happy for you!

16. Oh Happy Day!!!!!!!! So excited for you sister friend. July is a good month for a thaw!!!!!!!

17. tonya cinnamon says:

AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOT!!!!!!
    ^__________^

18. BRILLIANTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

19. Carrie-targetgirl says:

HOORAY!!!! So very glad that the goal is met and plans are moving! Congrats Cali!

20. Kristine says:

YEAH!!!!!!! I AM SO FREAKIN’ EXCITED FOR YOU!!! I can not even wait to read all about this journey, you know I’ll be sending you all kinds of postive thoughts/vibes your way!!! JULY is a WONDERFUL MONTH!!! Kristine

21. That is just way too cool.

22. Yeeeeeehaw!!!

23. YAY. Thinking many good thoughts for you!!! :-)

24. Oh, Cali. I am so so so so happy. 😀 😀 😀 😀 Lots of love to you.

25. Hip Hip Hooray!!!!!!!

26. AWESOME. Is it terrible that I’m imagining the conversation that I want you to have in the future? “Well Little Calliope Jr., I sure can tell you how a baby gets made. It starts when the innernets loves a woman very much…” I can’t wait for the cycle to begin!!!

27. FUCK YEAH!

FUCK YEAH!

28. HELLS YEAH!!

I’m so happy for you! This is indeed a wonderful community!!

29. Too exciting. I’m shaking like little dogs do when they get worked up. My friend calls that “trilling in your bones”.

30. HOORAY!

Yaayy!

31. RIGHT ON!!!! Now I have something to look forward to in July, other than mosquito bites and charred hot dogs. 😀

32. WHOO HOOO!!!!!

33. YAY. Glad things are moving forward!

34. I only read your title before I burst into tears. It could be all the hormones, but I am just so overwhelmed with happiness for you dear. Congratulations!

35. Hooray! What fabulous news!

36. Holy, holy crap. Soooooo excited for you! So excited. Jumping up and down and sending you virtual hugs!

37. Gah! I hit post too soon. You know, most parents tell their babies (especially in our community) how much they were loved and wanted before they were born, but this takes love of the unborn to a whole new level. Now I’m getting all sappy and singing “I knew I loved you before I met you” in my head. Ahh Savage Garden.

38. Cerridwen says:

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you!!!!

39. I’m really really happy for you-What wonderful news!

40. WOOOOO! That’s amazing, amazing news. July is so soon!

41. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!! I am unbelievably thrilled for you!!!! I think this community is the most supportive, caring, kick-ass group of women I have ever met. I hate the IF struggle, but damn, do I love the IF community!

42. I can’t wait to watch! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Fantastic news, Calliope!

J

44. YES Cali!!! I’m so freakin happy for you. And I never had any doubt you would get to this place. Yay!! Can’t wait to read along as this all happens!!

45. meg (baby frank) says:

This is SUCH exciting news! I am so happy for you!

46. Queenie says:

I scrolled down looking for the thermometer, and couldn’t quite believe it when I saw it was to the top!!! I’m soooo thrilled for you. I am blown away by how well you care for your grandmother, and it’s utterly thrilling to see you get a shot at the FET.

47. wahoooooooooooooooooooo! complete aside, I saw this blog below today and thought of you (the particular post is all about plaid).

48. thrilled, thrilled, thrilled and so excited for you! It will be a grand reunion — embryos meet your new home!

49. Yay!! XOXO

50. Just like everyone else said: YAY!!!!!

51. I am so happy for you! What wonderful news.

52. Hooray! Wonderful news!!

53. Fantastic hon, good luck!

54. This is beyond wonderful news. I’m relatively new to the blogging community, and I’m glad that I stepped in just in time to watch everyone pull together and watch this miracle unfold. May the magic continue through July and beyond!

55. OH. MY. GAWD.
    so so soooooo excited for you!!!
    there have been a lot of happy and anticipatory tears shed today ~ and now more of the same! sending you all the love and sharing in so much excitement

xoxo

56. go cali! so happy for you and awed by the blogomasses!

57. HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 😀

58. YAY!

59. Go Cali, go Cali! Time for the Sn00py happy dance!

60. Absolutely brilliant!!!!!!!!!!! 😀 😀 😀

61. Deb2You2 says:

So happy for you! Congratulations!

62. Yay!!!! I am so happy for you.

63. sabrina says:

yippeeeeeeeee! this is so amazing. i’m so very happy for you. as for going to blast, there’s a whole way of looking at it, i can email you about it if you’d like… did i say yippeeeeeeee?!?

64. Woohoo!!!!! So excited for you! July will be here before you know it. This is such super news!

65. Whoo-freaking-hoo!!!! GO FET GO!!!!

66. Yee-haw!

67. Clemency says:

How many ways are there to say HOOOOOOOOOORAY!!

So very pleased for you and proud of all of us! And cannot wait until you’re next on the rag!

68. I’m so happy for you! And I’m hoping every good thing for you!!!!!!!!!!!

69. HOOOORAY! I’m so glad it’s finally there.

I’m crossing everything I can for this July cycle.

70. Yippee!!! I’m so completely excited for you!! And hooray for the UTERUS folks. Blessings upon them!

71. WHOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

72. How wonderful! July will be here before you know it! One thing I beg of you: please, for the love of God, no belly shots. I’ll never understand why bloggers feel the need to share pictures of their increasingly expanding girth for all and sundry. The worst offenders post shots of huge naked bellies. Bad as the clothed shots are, there’s something about all that straining flesh that, gives me a case of the ookies.
    There exists exactly one photograph of me hugely pregnant and I am sitting in a hammock. There is a belly there, but it is not drawing undue attention to itself.
    It may be of interest to the belly shot women’s nearest and dearest but much as I enjoy reading some gal’s musings on life I don’t need photographic evidence that yes, there is a baby in there ripening on the vine.
    I also have an aversion to so-called “birth stories” in blogs. We know the outcome but they tend to go on and on and on. Unless a baby emerges fully grown from her father’s forehead or rises from the sea in a clam shell there really is no reason to bore us with accounts of water breaking during bingo or what merconium looks like.
    Anyway, your news is thrilling.

73. So thrilled for you Cali. You are an absolute inspiration – more than you might ever know. Go girl!

74. MargieinAZ says:

Fantastic!!!

75. My FET boy was transferred in July. It is a great FET month!

I would say yes to the blast transfer. While my FET boy was not a blast baby this one is and I really think it helped to make the difference.

How many embryos do you have on ice? (I have forgotten)

PS… NaComLeavMo starts tomorrow!!

76. Awesome – I am so excited for you!!!

77. I am so deeply, deeply, happy and excited for you, Cali!!!

78. WOW! This is so exciting! I’m thrilled for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

79. YEA!!! This is such great news! I am thrilled for you!

80. This is awesome!!! I am so excited for you :)

81. You go girl! And yes, July FETS are verrrry lucky!

1. […] coordinated efforts taking long amounts of time and rarely reaching the top of that thermometer. Four years ago the internet helped me fundraise to afford a frozen embryo transfer. It was a total labor of love managed by one of my favorite people on the […]

2. […] the early Spring of 2008 the internet got me pregnant with W. It’s true. Whenever you hear about awful, horrible things happening online – things like people being […]