Don’t call it a comeback…

Totally pretend that I am still gathering my zen, but I need to address something pretty effing awesome that is going on. Have you ever heard that insanely optimistic religious phrase, “Let Go & Let God”? Well I am experiencing something that I am now calling Let Go & Let the Internets.

There is a movement, yes I called it a movement, going on that makes me all kinds of aw shucks-ish. I have been selected to be the guinea pig & first recipient of U.T.E.R.U.S. (Union To Expedite Relief Until Self-Fulfillment) I am very honored and overwhelmed and insanely inspired.

Mel, amazing gal and friend that she is, has spear-headed this organization that’s goal will to be to help women in our corner of the infertility world move forward with their goal of becoming a parent. This is just the first link in a chain of how we are all connected to each other. I look forward to being able to help the next people.

Fantastically enough there has also been a semi underground movement within The IVP that Hope and many other rock stars have been working on. (links with info on that to come.)

All of this goodness. I am sure you can imagine how the tears have been flowing today.

Please take a moment to read about U.T.E.R.U.S. and if you want to participate I would be beyond thrilled & thankful. It would also mean a lot to me if you could spread the word via your blog by using the image below and linking it to Mel’s original post. Directions can be found here.

U.T.E.R.U.S.

Take Back the U.T.E.R.U.S.

It kills me to be a needy gal, but I am. And I know that so so so (SO) many of you have helped me in the past. Hell most of you are the very reason why I have embryos to transfer in the first place! But here I am…being all needy & shit some more. Sometimes asking for help & accepting it are the biggest hurdles to success. Consider my hurdle jumped.

Going back to my zen place…but you better effing believe that I will update on this. (& for those of you on FlickR I will be doing weekly acne updates.)

THANK YOU ALL for all of your support and love.

Comments

1. francesca says

SERIOUSLY?? This is awesome, beyond awesome, for so many reasons… Thank you to those organizing and THANK YOU to you, Callie, for offering yourself up as a guinea pig. This is putting the FUN back in fundraising :-) Holy moly, spring cleaning, here I come…

I’m not part of the TTC family. Square Peg! Square Peg! But Calliope is my friend and I love her. THANK YOU to everyone who has lifted her to an upright position again with goodness and hope. Thank God for women.

This makes me absolutely thrilled that there are so many people who want to reach out and give someone else a hand. And I’m so happy that you’re going to be the first recipient. I so want the happy ending for you.

4. gypsygrrl says

this is awesome. i will make a hand-embroidered bookmark. and i will clean out some stuff as well. i love that they are doing something so one-person-pay-it-forward-like.

xo

5. Amy (OT friend) says

Cali,
    I’m so happy I can contribute something to help you. I will be donating some new jewlery from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I’m so happy your spirits have lifted. I have my first IVF consult on Friday, so mine have too!

YAY! I am so glad to see this. I was so sad yesterday and didn’t know what to say. I’d bookmarked your post to come back and tell you not to stop blogging… but this is even better (and DON’T STOP BLOGGING!). We love you!!!!

7. Joy says

I don’t know you but I have a closet full of junk intended for a yard sale. I hope that I have something that will sell and bring you closer to your baby(ies)! I also linked the entire thing to my own blog so more people will see it. I will also post it on MYSPACE (private, only people I trust will see it, not some crazies).

8. Chris in NY says

Like #10 Jen I also was trying to figure out what to say on how I will miss reading you.
    And now – well, the power of women is a damned sight to behold, no?
    I am thrilled – honored, actually – to be able to participate in such a cause, one that really touches a person I have come to so admire. And I thank you, Cali, and all your wonderful friends who are making it possible.
    My heart cannot fathom anything but good coming from this.
    Yea!!

The power of women should never be underestimated. Wow. I think I’ll pull out some yarn and make a few hats. This is so very exciting!

10. Cerridwen says

I hope you don’t stop blogging, you can write about whatever you feel like. I just like reading your blog.

Thank you SO MUCH for the advice on the PIO shot! I aspire to be a rock star too. Please know that I will have your list in hand when I attempt this, and I am seriously encouraged that you have done this with great success. Thank you, thank you.

Adding a link about U.T.E.R.U.S to my blog…

12. Man-annie Oakley says

I only have 2 seconds, but i want to say – – – WEEEEEEWAAAAHHHH!!!! YAY!! Anyway, whenI have a another 2 seconds I will read what this is all about and how I can get involved… I can maybe sell a couple of my purses I am making. And I will also put it up on my blog, even tho you are the only person who reads it… hahahah!! I love you and keep your eye on your mailbox!

13. Freyja says

I found your blog a while ago through someone listed on Kim’s blogroll. I’ve lurked and read occasionally since that time. Anyway, I found out about this initiative through a link on Barb’s blog to Mel’s announcement. So here I am. I’ll be participating. :D

The outpouring and emails for you have been amazing. I truly hope loads of dosh gets raised, because you are so, so deserving.

Now go be zen. Stop kicking yourself. And hopefully you know that people are cheering for you, even while you’re hands are in moudra.

15. Jen says

I’m a new reader – found you on Stirrup’s blog roll. I don’t know how to “subscribe” but you in my favorite places. So you can forget about one of those unsubscribers – I’m better anyway :)

16. Heather says

Hi. I just found your blog a few days ago when another blogger posted about the Uterus Brigade. I’ve npw read your entire archives except for the password protected posts…. speaking of, if you’re still giving out the password, I’d love to have it and be able to read the rest of the posts. I’m going to check the ebay site and if I don’t find anything I need there I’ll definitely be sending a paypal donation. This is such a great thing. I want to help!

17. Janice says

Hi there;

I am not TTC, but I am you in 16 years from now. I am single, and not really looking, and God, fate, the universe, or my dreams gave me a baby 15 years ago.

There was a bit of trauma when I was single, pregnant and unemployed, but now I am the single mother of a beautiful 15 year old and I am so aware that I am blessed. I wish I was a millionaire so I could give you all the $$ you need. I got my baby the old fashioned way, and I am so lucky. I wish you all the best in your quest, and if I win the lotto I will give you lots.

Love Janice

18. Clemency says

I finally got off my arse and donated to your fund directly – thanks to UTERUS! I find it hard to get to the post office and being in Australia the shipping fees would probably be huge.

I really hope you get your wish/es Calliope – I’m going thru ART too but thanks to the wonders of the Australian health care system and professional courtesy it’s costing me nearly nothing so far. I will certainly be sending more $$ your way as the FET time draws nearer.

(Kate)