Das Boots are here!

plaid boots
They say it takes a village to raise a child, but it takes a blogosphere to get you your boots. Operation: Get me my Boots is officially over. I have my boots!

The biggest thanks goes to Sarah & BB! These gals not only had the great sense of adventure to join the operation, but they ultimately became the commanding officers. The company that had the boots would not ship them to America, so these gals had the boots shipped to their house & THEN sent them to me. I have no doubt that their Ziggy is going to have the best Moms. If they went through so much to get little ol’ me some footwear, imagine the mountains they will move for this kid. Thank you gals!

New boots arrived into my world at approximately 3:35pm (central time) on Saturday, July 15.
plaid boots from Germany
They were inspected & then they were on my feet in less than 20 minutes.

I’m still smiling about that.

I was in a really shitty, funky mood yesterday. You know, one of those pathetic pouts brought on by an accumulation of a number of 5th grade type issues. But lucky for you the boots happened. Otherwise you might have been subjected to an obnoxious post all about how all of my friends are going to Vegas and I can’t go.

But back to the boots. THE BOOTS!

I even took the boots to a movie yesterday. Of course it was the Pirate movie. Although the boots would have liked to go to the crossword movie but I had to explain to the boots that such movies rarely come to this town but that I would go ahead & add it to my netflix queue.

My original tartan docs were wonderful and perfect. They took me around the world, they grounded me in my own personality. You can’t be a bad person if you have plaid shoes on. The plaid is magic.

My original plaid boots

These new boots will have a lot to live up to. & I can’t wait to begin their adventure!

Comments

1. the_road_less_travelled says

Nice boots! May you wear them in health and happiness. I’m sure they will see you though many more great adventures.

2. Blondie says

Boots, glorious boots!!!

I can just see the story you tell your child about them as you pass them on! *giggle*

3. Sarah and BB says

YEAH!!!

They look awesome on you! I am soooo happy they made it to you so fast!

Enjoy every step in them!!

ps. even tho I know those boots will last an eternity (atleast I hope they will) if you ever need a new pair, or another pair, let me know!!

4. Co says

So happy the boots are here! They look terrific and what an adventurous life they’ve had already, with more to come.

5. katty says

Look I really understand all your excitement about the boots. but its your cats that get me. these black monsters are something else. they look wonderfully, brilliantly furrable. do they purr loudly as well?

6. Calliope says

Katty- I just have the one cat: Talula. She is actually in need of a shave as so much of her hair has matted in the summer heat. But all of the places that do cat grooming are booked until August.

7. Just a trumpet player says

Traveling the world and thinking about the blogosphere : I am in London this week and went to a Doc Martens store this morning… and saw a copy of YOUR tartan boots !! Of course, I took a picture…

Congrats on finally getting those : I’m pretty sure you’ll go throu many great adventures together !!

8. J says

Told you that Sarah and BB were the German hook up! I’m glad you got your boots.

Can I be cool too cuz I have a pair of plaid, wool Chuck Taylors?

9. Shannon says

Yay! The boots are here..the magic of good ol’ docs..I still wish for my old black ones. ahh..good times. I should have never let them go. (A “nice” boyfriend had convinced me that grownups didn’t wear boots with dresses. evil man)

Many adventures to you and your docs!

10. Lorem ipsum says

You sound like me and my Frye boots. Already what stories your boots could tell if they could talk!

Many happy miles!

11. tonya cinnamonhttp://www.ramblinggirl.tonyacinnamon.com says

awesome looking boots.. we need pic of them and you now ;)

12. Trista says

yay for plaid boots! I feel the same way about my flower boots. You can’t be a bad person if you’re walking on flower petals!

Someday our boots need to hook up and exchange stories. Because oh, I believe that the soul of your old boots has been reincarnated in the new ones. They “know” all the memories already.

13. Anonymous says

I am glad about your boots! How was the pirate movie? Was it rated Aarrrr? Edward, Stephanie, and I are planning to go tonight. Cheers, Joanna

14. Estelle says

BOOTS!
    Sarah and BB are the BEST!! They shopped german eBay for me for shoes, and they sent Charlie my favorite wool covers… you can buy them in STORES in Germany!

I love Sarah and BB. They rock.

I was pretty pleased to uncover this page. I wanted
    to thank you for ones time just for this wonderful read!
    ! I definitely loved every little bit of it and i also have you bookmarked to look at new
    stuff in your blog.

Himalaya Ayur – Slim is a Clinically Proven, 100% secure and earthy slimming therapy,
    with absolutely no side-effects. Well, that means we don’t need any Pfizers or Merck or any clinics or doctors. This product uses one-of-a-kind blend of various patented substances.

I believe everything said made a lot of sense. However, consider this, what if you composed a catchier title?
    I ain’t saying your information isn’t good., however
    what if you added a post title that grabbed people’s attention? I mean Das Boots are here! is kinda plain. You might peek at Yahoo’s
    home page and note how they create news headlines to grab people
    to open the links. You might try adding a video or a related pic or two to get readers
    excited about everything’ve got to say. In my opinion, it could make your posts a little bit more interesting.

Hello there, just became aware of your blog through
    Google, and found that it is truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels.
    I will be grateful if you continue this in future.
    Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

I was suggested this website by way of my cousin. I’m now not sure whether
    this submit is written through him as nobody else know such
    specified approximately my trouble. You are incredible! Thanks!